I believe we are here to be powerful agents for positive change.
The power of the heart is an essential part of creating a better world. The heart’s capacity to love, to be kind and to have compassion for everyone is key. Without love and compassion, we are a heartless mass bent on survival, even if it means destroying everything in the way including the future. The heart’s capacity for caring is a neutraliser to the mind’s ability to rationalise the old failed ways.
Here are some tips on how to live from the heart:
- Let go of the past – We need to forgive the past, let go of any old unfinished business and move on. Forgiveness of self and others greatly help. Today is what matters.
- Express your emotions – Emotions too often get stuffed because they can seem overwhelming. If we simply acknowledge how we are feeling, those feelings soon change into other feelings. Emotions can be expressed in healthy ways that keep the heart open and giving. Two exampled of healthy emotional expression include talking and journaling.
- Move towards acceptance – From childhood, most of us are trained to judge everything as “good or bad.” Commit to moving towards accepting what is, accepting differences, and appreciating uniqueness of all beings.
- Notice what is happening to your body – The body gives us constant messages because it is either opening or closing in all its interactions with the world. Explore what keeps your heart and mind open, and notice when it closes.
- Examine your beliefs regularly – Old beliefs can drain you. Most beliefs are not true and many seriously hold us back. Be aware of what beliefs are shaping your experiences and examine them with kindness. If they represent truth keep them. If not, let them go.
- Be mindful of your thoughts – Your experience of life is created by what you think. Watch your thoughts, be hopeful and positive and do what you can to be present to what is. If we are mindful of our thinking we can keep our minds open. An open mind keeps expanding.
With these tips, you can bring more openness in mind and heart into your way of being in the world. With open minds and hearts we can spread compassion, consciousness, peace and joy out into the world.
Live out loud, with your arms and heart wide open.